Boston College was founded by the Jesuits in 1863. St. Mary’s Chapel is located on the first floor in the north end of St. Mary’s Hall, which was the second building constructed on the Chestnut Hill campus. St. Mary’s Hall was originally built to serve as living quarters for the Jesuits. This historic interior stone cleaning project involved removing the surface dirt, grim soot, carbon stains, efflorescence without damaging the surface or altering the color of the historic cast stone. The cast stone cleaning scope includes the Chapel first floor corridor, multiple rooms off the first floor corridor, vestibule at the west entrance, and Chapel Apse.
Location: Chesnut Hill, MA
Original Architect: Charles Donagh Maginnis
Style: Collegiate Gothic
Listed on National Register of Historic Places
Planning & Design Services
Restoration & Decoration Techniques