Howard M. Metzenbaum U.S. Courthouse

As part of a larger rehabilitation project, John Canning & Co. reinstated the historic finishes throughout several spaces in the Howard M. Metzenbaum Courthouse.

BUILDING FACTS

Location: Cleveland, OH
Built: 1910
Original Architect: Arnold W. Brunner, Daniel Chester
Style: Classical Revival
Status: National Landmark

SCOPE

The removal of drop ceilings uncovered historic ornate plasterwork from the original 105 Beaux Arts interior. Reinstating the historic color palette included replicating original color treatments and glazes to preserve the buildings original grandeur.

The preservation project has received more than 14 awards for historic preservation. Change orders for this project were minimal and included additional scopes of work such as Venetian plaster installation and gilded lettering requested by the design team.

AWARDS:

2006 Preservation Award, Cleveland Restoration Society