New Haven Courthouse
John Canning & Co. was selected to perform various plaster services for the New Haven Courthouse.
Location: New Haven, CT
Built: Circa 1917
Original Architect: William H. Allen and Richard Williams
Style: Beaux Arts
Status: National Register of Historic Places
- Investigation of Historic Plaster
- Scientific & Interpretive Analysis
- Pattern Documentation
- Shop Drawings
- Conditions Assessment
- Treatment Report & Documentation
- Historic Plaster Stabilization
- Ornamental & Flat Plaster Repair
- Replication of Mould & Casting
- Plaster Patching & Infill
- Plaster Veneer
- Ornamental Plaster Consolidation
- Framing & Re-attachment
The project at the New Haven Courthouse started out with a plaster survey of the historic plaster. From the survey, a scientific and interpretive analysis was completed with a report. The design/assist service also included pattern documentation and drawings.
Different plaster and decorative treatment techniques were used throughout this project. Plaster stabilization, consolidation and repair were needed. Some of the other work included replication of molds and castings, patching and infill as well as framing and re-attachment.
2017 Excellence in Construction Award, Associated Builders and Contractors of Connecticut